Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner

Re: Dolphin M400 Robotic Pool Cleaner

Have you ever have any issues with the cord being too short? My husband doesn't think the cord will be long enough. He can connect to an extension cord that will be away from the water and connected to a gfi but was curious to see if you ever ran into this issue?

Thanks so much!! You made me feel better about spending a lot of money on something that I have no experience with. I had the same issue with the Barracuda that is why I'm so paranoid. I think I'm going to get the m4 not sure if I need the remote in the m5-thoughts?

QUOTE=BobbyR;779202]I have an M4 which works beautifully and is highly recommended. I'm sure the M5 is good too. I don't know what the Premier model is but check to see if it has a centre roller brush as this can be important to avoid hanging up on the main drain. The M4 and M5 both have middle brushes. House brand specials of any product are sometimes dumbed down to meet a price point. The box mine came in had a notice on it that the warranty was void if the cleaner was purchased online. I think they mean it. I've had two Barracudas and they were both pretty much useless, going in circles endlessly cleaning the same corner of the pool. The Dolphin is a serious pool cleaner that actually works as advertised. You get what you pay for.
[/QUOTE]

I bought this unit and it does a good job if you live with no trees around.
There is not enough space for the bag and it's a pain trying to install it. A few leaves will soon plug up the small hole and you will have to stop and remove them if you want to continue cleaning the pool.

Hi y'all. A lot of great information here.
My old polaris gave up the ghost again and I decided it is past time to buy a Dolphin.
I have a free form lake type pool, 44 ft. long ranges between 18-26 ft wide.
I was looking at 3 cleaners. The M400 M500 and the Z5. I get a lot of big leaves in the spring upon opening and a lot of dirt/sand the rest of the summer.
I am confused with all the options and the photos on Maytronics site don't always seem to match the models they are describing.

Does the m400 have the ability for a bag to catch leaves or is only cartridge? Does the new m400 have the split in the rollers which i assume is what gives it the ability to turn more quickly and efficiently? Overall I'd prefer to support local business and buy an M400 or 500 in a local dealer. What are the price points on the 400 and 500?
Thanks for the help.

Hi y'all. A lot of great information here.
My old polaris gave up the ghost again and I decided it is past time to buy a Dolphin.
I have a free form lake type pool, 44 ft. long ranges between 18-26 ft wide.
I was looking at 3 cleaners. The M400 M500 and the Z5. I get a lot of big leaves in the spring upon opening and a lot of dirt/sand the rest of the summer.
I am confused with all the options and the photos on Maytronics site don't always seem to match the models they are describing.

Does the m400 have the ability for a bag to catch leaves or is only cartridge? Does the new m400 have the split in the rollers which i assume is what gives it the ability to turn more quickly and efficiently? Overall I'd prefer to support local business and buy an M400 or 500 in a local dealer. What are the price points on the 400 and 500?
Thanks for the help.

Leaves are my primary issue so I went with the s300. Big basket:

filtro-fine-per-dolphin-s200-s300-dettaglio.JPG

So I pulled the plug and bought the M400. Ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow. Only thing I am unsure of is the position for the handle on top. Do the right and left side get set for different positions? I keep reading they should be diagonal but can;t find that explained anywhere.

Also the pool store told me that the power supply is not waterproof only water resistant. Has anyone come up with a portable cover for the power supply in case it rains while it is running? Thanks.

In regards to the float positions, I have a Z5, and if you position one float towards the front, and the other towards the rear, that will give you the horizontal tile cleaning action (e.g. left to right). Reverse the positions, and it will move in the other direction on the tiles (e.g. right to left). But what I found interesting is that if I move one float ALL THE WAY to the front, and the other ALL THE WAY to the rear, the thing starts wanting to climb over the tile and up the coping (although it can't), and the scrubbers start rotating on the coping. My coping is rough cut flagstone, and not in the water, so I definitely do not want the brushes scrubbing on that. Just FYI.

Adding my 2 cents. We looked at the 400 and the s300 and ended up with the s300. Large basket with top-load. Very light weight. Has thruster system to push up walls and runs on tracks like a tank with a motorized scrubber brush. Also has a bluetooth connection to your phone with a virtual joystick manual override.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Dolphin M400 Robotic Pool Cleaner

Have you ever have any issues with the cord being too short? My husband doesn't think the cord will be long enough. He can connect to an extension cord that will be away from the water and connected to a gfi but was curious to see if you ever ran into this issue?
[/QUOTE]

Although Maytronics says no, the power supply only draws 180 Watts. I see no reason at all why a heavy duty extension cord wouldn't work just fine. Just keep the power supply dry and out of direct sunlight.

Does anyone know if the Dolphin Premier or other robots can handle beach entries? I have a large beach entry to baja step (picture is attached).

Their data page for the M5 (and M4) say suitable for beach entry pools. That's a big-as* pool. You're going to have to find a central location for deployment to ensure that the cable will let it reach all areas.

Supreme M5 | Dolphin pool cleaning robot

I I have spent more days (not hours, days) on trying to gather information on the various Dolphin models than I care to mention.

LOL. Thank you Piglet Potters. You are a one hit wonder!! (one review that helped me). I am in the same position. I just bought a house with a pool and its time to learn EVERYTHING. I currently have a pump vacuum cleaner which is not doing the job. And your review fits my analysis very closely. I will use it to zoom in on the range of Dolphin products. I will look for a local dealer and make sure I get through the hoops I want.

Welcome to TFP Mini C. :wave:

There is a ton of good information in the "Pool School" button at the top of the page on the right. You should look into getting a good test kit (TF100) so you can do you own water testing and if you do any reading at all you'll understand why it's recommended.

Please add your pools info to your signature as outlined here in "Getting Started" : Pool School - Getting Started
It will keep you from needing to answer a bunch of questions about the pool or equipment should you post a question or need any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.