Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus

PD78

Jun 9, 2021
Connecticut
I just read on another post that the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus will be discontinued. I spoke with Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa 3 days ago and she never mentioned the Nautilus CC Plus being discontinued. What attracted me to this model in the first place is that it has 2 brushes so I was considering buying the Nautilus CC + until I watched a few YouTube review videos on it that said it does not always make it all the way to the waterline (only climbs half way up the wall). Does anyone else have this problem? Also, the cartridges seem like a bit of a chore to take apart and clean then reassemble and return to the unit vs the top loading basket (just pop out, rinse and reinsert). I had the Explorer E30 for about a week and had some issues with it so returned it. It had 2 brushes and did an amazing job of cleaning the pool (if I could just keep it running!) but I got turned off by that product line with my initial bad experience. Margaret also had the Triton in stock which offers the top-loading basket filter but it only has 1 brush. Can anyone help me figure out what to buy here as I am not sure if I want to buy a model that will get discontinued? Should I give the Explorer E30 another try?I am looking for something in the $800 price point. We live in CT and use the pool 3 months out of the year. It is an inground 16x32 salt water with a vinyl liner.
Many thanks!

I have the CC+, going on two years. This is my first robot. The cartridges do require a little work but it's part of my kids chores and they can pull them, wash them and reinstall in 5 minutes. I have two sets (4 total) so we usually put one in and wash the others and set aside for next time. Sometimes I just bang them out and put right back in. My unit goes to the waterline but my big issues lately are the tracks coming off. Seems to be happening almost every other day. I'm currently researching solutions. The warranty was two years so I'm SOL and it wouldn't matter anyway because it's $100 to ship it back to maytronics - then I'm also out of a cleaner. Overall, for the price point I like the unit and it has served us well; but I wouldn't buy it again if I can find something near that price. I paid $820 in July of 2019 off amazon.

Mine goes all the way up the wall. The only two things I don’t like about it is it gets stuck on the main drains sometimes (ziptied 4 inch of pool noodle to the handle which helped) and it won’t just run after power is applied, which means I can’t schedule it with a smart outlet and Alexa. Otherwise I really like it as it does a great job cleaning the pool.

I like mine And it’s been working well for over a year. It does a decent job of scrubbing the waterline tiles for the most part.

Very happy with our Dolphin Nautilus which we've had for 4+ years. It does a good job of cleaning the water line and tiles. My biggest problem with it is that it will always miss a small area of the pool floor while going over other areas several times. I have to use my Pool Blaster for the missed areas. Cleaning the filters isn't a big deal - it takes about 4 minutes.

Thanks to Orion7319 for the link to the tune up kit - we probably should get one of those since we're on our 5th year with the Dolphin Nautilus.

Do you know if this is an OEM tune up kit manufactured by Maytronics?
The websites that sell them all say that Maytronics is the manufacturer. Here is the kit on Amazon. And also a search that turned up just parts. Looks like you can buy the climbing rings and tracks and all the other parts separately on Amazon. Just make sure that the parts Amazon is listing are for the Nautilus.

Reactions: Sanford35000

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We've had the Nautilus CC Plus for about 3 months and it's been great so far. Cleaning the filters is no big deal and the ultrafine filters do a good job. The only thing it struggles with is making up to the top step but that's easy to brush so no big deal.

Reactions: raidermanz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.