Dolphin M600. Is this the BEST?

Tommy

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
NY
Going for my very first Robot and I simply want to get the best, all bells and whistles included. Is the M600 the way to go? Is there something else coming down the line coming soon with more potential?

Thanks in advance for all your opinions and advice.

I just bought my first robot. I had always had a separate high pressure pump driven cleaner prior to this.
I did a bunch of research on these and just bought a M-200 from a local brick and mortar store. I found M-200 had a longer warranty and even the seller told me that the M-200 was unusual to see on his repair bench. So far, it has been working great. I can’t control it from my phone, but the other models I looked at were Blue-Tooth, not the best connection in my opinion for this application.
What I did find was where you buy will make a difference. I looked for a local pool store that does on site repair and then worked on pricing. The internet sites seem to require shipping on them for repair at your expense and that is problematic IMHO. Also, trying to get good service directly from the manufacturer also had a bunch of poor on-line reviews. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy
Thanks everyone for your replies. I truly appreciate it.

After careful consideration about what everyone has said and looking through the forums, I have purchased a Polaris VRX iQ+. My first robot. A bit more tech driven than the M600 and that was something I wanted. Looking forward to putting it to work next week!

Thank you all again!

Reactions: mickey4paws
After using an Aquabot Elite for the last few years, I'm finding I like how it cleans (mostly), but I'd like to find the guy who designed the debris baskets and make him clean mine out for the next few cleanings. It's an awful design, and my next cleaning bot purchase decision won't be made until I see what the debris baskets look like.

Pretty basic question about the M600. New pool owner and my first robot. Do you leave the power on at the base/controller for the M600? It says turn power off, when robot is out of the pool. But then you can't connect to the app? Is there no 'standby' mode? As soon as I turn the power on from the controller, the robot starts trying to move.

I put the M600 in the pool before plugging it in. Then fire up the app after power unit shows a solid connection to wifi.

When done I press pick me up on the app, wait for the M600 to get to the top of the pool, grab it out and press stop. Then I unplug the power unit and disconnect everything.

I don't try to use the app with the M600 out of the pool. Like you say, any command and it tries to run away on land. I know there are settings for what the power unit button should do but haven't bothered exploring that.

Reactions: utsri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.