Dolphin DX5 Plus to a Polaris 360? Should I?

Jul 21, 2013
Philly
Ok when i bought the house the pool cleaner line was broken in the wall so i purchased the dolphin dx5 plus. It works great. Cleans the pool very well. I just hate having to take it up out of the pool and pull it apart to clean the bag. So i just leave it in the pool and use it a few times before i empty and clean it. Since it stays in pool i have the battery pack/cart plugged in and everyone always trips over it, and then i have 50' of cord across my patio to the pool. It is starting to annoy me. Biggest part i hate is the process to clean the filter bag out.

Fast forward to now and my pool has been redone by anthony sylvan. I had them install a dedicated 1.5" pool cleaner line. I capped it with a male plug in the pool so i didnt have to worry about winterizing it and it is just stickig up out of the ground at my pool equipment pad. So im thinking of finally making use of it and getting a polaris pressure cleaner. Can you guys school me on this? Any and all advice you have for me. How do i determine if a polaris 360 which does not require a booster pump will work very good for me? It sounds like much easier setup since u dont need a booster pump so u have less things to worry about but if it was better why would anyone buy the setups that u have to spend an additional 2-300 and have a booster pump? Should i stay away from the 360 if im gonna switch and do a booster pump model?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.