Dolphin Active 30- debris reenters pool?

vanessadickson

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2012
Paris, Kentucky
Hi all, just replaced my old (10yrs?) Aquabot robot with a new Dolphin Active 30. Love the top loading filter, but having a problem. When I pull the robot out of pool, a lot of debris comes out of the filter basket back into to pool. Is there a “best” way to take it out to minimize debris drop? Straight up? Upside down? On its side? Quick jerk and lift?

Thanks for the response! Its door is clipped together fine and the black fabric is there. From the look of the black fabric, it seems like it should cover the suction hole when pulled straight up. I’ll try again in a few and report back.

Happy to report that I was able to successfully remove the robot with minimal debris leakage. Key is to take it out by the middle of the handle, and let water drain out before leaning/bringing it onto the deck. The angle of the handle makes the black sleeve cover the intake area during drainage and prevents debris leaving the basket.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I have the same problem as Vanessa. When I pull the cleaner out, the debris goes back into the pool. I bought it 5-15-20 at Pool City. It worked great the first several times. I tried all different ways to get it out. Debris still comes out. Pool City told me to call Maytronics - Ive been on hold 45 minutes with them today. Can anyone offer any advise?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.