Dolphin A30i Bluetooth Not Working

mts37

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2016
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I bought an A30i last year and it worked great for the whole season. Took great care of it, etc. and stored indoors during the winter.

Finally went to use it again today, and I find the Bluetooth won’t connect to the app. Tried a different phone and same result. I did notice that the Bluetooth icon no longer lights up on the power supply (yes, it is plugged in).

Robot works just fine without the app right now, so it seems to definitely be a Bluetooth issue in the power supply.

Any suggestions about troubleshooting on my end before I go and contact Maytronics?

Thanks!

I sometimes have to go into my iPhone setting and power off the Bluetooth, then power it on again. Then start up the app. Try that first.

The MyDolphin App has a terrible Bluetooth connection problem. I believe it stems from the fact that the App doesn’t use normal Bluetooth pairing. So the phone is essentially connecting to the device for the very first time, every time.

I’m guessing you already tried this but have you completely removed (deleted) the App, deleted any data associated with it and reinstalled it? You may need to go through the registration process again.

I am having the same problem, with the same model. Haven’t tried to call Maytronics yet. Please share if you find anything out. Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response on this (things go slower when you have a newborn in the house...) - I bought my Active 30i from Marina Pool Spa and Patio and I called them about the issue. Based on what I described, they said it sounded like the bluetooth was malfunctioning and would be covered under a warranty claim. They took down the information (serial number, etc.) and filed the warranty claim with Maytronics.

A week later I had a brand new power supply and the Bluetooth functionality was working again.

If yours is still under warranty, I would highly recommend calling Maytronics for a replacement (or whoever you bought it from if they will handle it for you).

FYI to others that may find themselves in this predicament:

I have the S300i(same as a30i) and in order for BT to connect, I must turn on BT setting on the phone AND turn on location(GPS) setting as well. Why? I have no idea, just the way it works with my last two Androids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.