Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

First time poster long time lurker.

Finally pulled the trigger after researching all of the Maytronics models and purchased the Discovery from Doheny, it was either the Triton Plus or the Discovery. I am coming from having used a suction side kreepy for the past 10 years.

I am excited to get the cleaner which should be arriving later today. One thing that I did only notice after purchase was that the 2018 Triton Plus has the Anti-tangle algorithm while the 2018 Discovery from Doheny has a new anti-tangle swivel.

Can any one provide any information with regards to their experience with the new swivel, does it help with tangling or is it simply another moving part that can now wear down and break?

Just got my A20 and it is AWESOME!!! One question, I do not have the caddy. Is there a "best practice" on how to store it without the caddy? I have a large "bin" I keep my pool stuff in and would like to put it in there for easy access, but want to make sure I am storing it the best way. Thanks in advance!!

You can store it on its side.

On it's side or upside down. You want to make sure that the little nubs on the rollers don't get flattened. Some people have created a little platform out of 2X4s that will fit squarely under the bottom plastic panel that has the vacuum opening, so that it can be stored upright with the rollers elevated.

Just got my A20 and it is AWESOME!!! One question, I do not have the caddy. Is there a "best practice" on how to store it without the caddy? I have a large "bin" I keep my pool stuff in and would like to put it in there for easy access, but want to make sure I am storing it the best way. Thanks in advance!!

So long as it is out of the weather and not resting on the rollers (which would compact them) all other methods of storage are similar regarding safeguarding the robot. Ours is in a storage shed next to the pool on it's side, with the cord wrapped in very large loops hanging on one track and onto the floor.

I keep Phin (S200) in an environmentally controlled environment! Never too cold or hot. I built a specially cushioned rack for him to sit on which is pressure relieving not unlike a tempurpedic type bed. I was able to design a roller system that gently rotates the tracks. The wife is just about finished making the custom fit wet suit for when the water gets a tad chilly.

Love my pool Bot!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I keep mine covered with a damp towel as yes it does get very warm...Good news is it shuts off after the current cycle.

I purchased my first robot 2 weeks ago. An Aquabot i2. It was only $385 w/ free shipping. It was completely worthless. About the only thing that it could do, was to pick up loose leaves and loose dirt floating along the bottom. It has no rotating brushes, just this pair of small orange stationary rubber brushes. I ran it 4 cycles and it still did absolutely nothing. Needles to say, I called the place I got it from (poolbots) and they had no problem with me returning it.

I then spent some time researching, and I believe the S200 will be a much better bot. I found a new open box one for $460 delivered. I should have it Saturday via FedEx. Very much looking forward to trying out what I hope will be a "real" bot cleaner!

p.s. I know the S200 is intended to use with an in ground pool but I don't see why it would not work with an above ground pool. Mine is an Intek 32x16 now on its 3rd season and still going strong. Best $1,200 I ever invested I think!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.