Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

looking at this one vs the Maytronics s200, does the Doheny have Bluetooth remote capability like the Maytronics?

Nevermind, I think I was reading the wrong description. So what is the LED on the Doheny?

The LED is on the rear of the unit and indicates that it's powered and in cycle. As you likely now know, only the S300 and S300i have bluetooth (with different functions). Not a feature that gets much use in my house.

I found a Maytronics s200 locally for $799.00, just trying to compare both units. If a repair is needed does this have to ship back to Maytronics? I think with the s200 a local dealer can do all the repair work?

Treat the Doheny Discovery just like it is an S200, because it is. All warranty work is done through Maytronics network of authorized repair shops. The only indicator that it is a Discovery is the added on sticker on the box and a sticker on the robot itself. Every other bit of paperwork, including warranty card, refers to as a Maytronics Dolphin robot.

The LED is just a blue blinking light on the front of the robot that indicates it is in the middle of its 2 hour cycle.

It appears that the new "sale" price for the Discovery is $719.00 + $10 handling charge + free shipping. So if you were on the fence, it cost you $70 dollars.

Stills shows 649 with free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am struggling between the S200 and S300. I understand that the discovery is S200. Is the only difference the settings for cleaning times and schedules, and the additional filter in basket? Other than that they are the same? Does anybody know what the price differences between the two? Trying to decide between the two but I'm not exactly sure the exact differences and the difference in cost.

Awesome!!!! I saw this too late when it went from $649 to $719, glad to see it dropped back to $649. I just pulled the trigger and got one tonight!!

I'm not sure on the exact price difference, if there is one. From what I remember when comparing the features I would use were all there on both. My decision came from availability with a warranty being honored from online sale. It's not easy to find s series or its affiliated models unless you live in a major metro area from what I found. Some really nice pool shops around here and none sell s series.

I'm sorry, should have read better. I thought you meant discovery/s200. Just saw you were asking 200vs300.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Question on the Discovery. I just put mine in the pool for the second time. Does the Discovery offer the 2 cleaning cycles? The control unit has a button for option to select the different cleaning cycle floor vs floor & walls. However, when I push this button nothing happens. Do others have the option of a quicker cleaning cycle? Or does the Discovery only offer one cleaning cycle and no other choice?
Thanks

Question on the Discovery. I just put mine in the pool for the second time. Does the Discovery offer the 2 cleaning cycles? The control unit has a button for option to select the different cleaning cycle floor vs floor & walls. However, when I push this button nothing happens. Do others have the option of a quicker cleaning cycle? Or does the Discovery only offer one cleaning cycle and no other choice?
Thanks

Discovery only has the single 2 hour cleaning cycle like the S200. It's the same Bluetooth capable power supply as the S300 models, but the Bluetooth and multi cycle functions are disabled when plugged into the robot.

I'm reading reviews at the website and see a couple of criticisms of the Doheny Discovery that I'd like to run by others who own the unit.

(1) One reviewer said it didn't pick up leaves well. I have several crepe myrtles, a pine and a few other bushes that "bless" our pool with their mess regularly, so this would be a deal breaker for me.

(2) One reviewer said it didn't come with a no tangle swivel (he said it was advertised as having one at some point). So, any cord management issues?

Ive owned a pool for about a month and my Polaris 380 just bit the dust. Trying to summit the learning curve on these devices and make a smart purchase. ?

It picks up leaves just fine. I haven't had any issues with it not having a swivel. It hasn't tangled once.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my pool today. You can see how many trees I have around it. I threw the robot in last night, hit start, and went to bed.

Image.jpg

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 983

What a beautiful pool and surrounding yard.... Looks fantastic! Seeing your situation, if it passes your blessing concerning leaves, that should settle any questions.

I just went out and pulled the basket so you can see how big of leaves it collects:

image.jpg

I just ordered as well. Got a $10 off promo code but then they hit by with a 10.99 handling fee...... Kinda shady as far as the so called promo savings.... I ordered anyway, just don't like the games.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.