Doheny's Discovery doesn't appear to have adequate suction - falls off walls

LisaDLu

Nov 14, 2014
Palm Desert, CA
Hi - We have a Doheny's Discovery (by Dolphin) pool robot that doesn't seem to have adequate suction to enable it to climb walls while vacuuming. The unit is 2 years old, and was a refurbished unit. When we first got it, it worked fine. But over the past 6 months or so, it seems to have trouble staying on a wall for any period of time. It simply begins climbing the wall and then pulling away and drifting back down to the bottom of the pool. It does pick up debris off the pool floor. Can someone please help me troubleshoot and identify the problem? Thank you very much!

Every time I remove my Dolphin I stick my two fingers in the propeller area and pull out the accumulated dog hair. I use the dual filtration all the time. Unless the accordion fine filters are dirty/caked, there should be little or no effect on wall climbing.

Here's the follow up on what I ended up doing … I went straight to the impeller and sure enough, it had strands from the palm trees wound around it. I took it apart and cleaned it off and it seems to work just fine now with regard to staying on the walls. I will begin doing what was suggested above by bmoreswim above and will check that impeller area in particular after each use to make sure nothing is would around it. Thanks again to everyone who responded and helped - it is very much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.