Doheny Discovery - unable to order parts.

Organizer

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My Discovery stopped moving today. I traced the problem to the front wheel that drives the cleaner. I called Matronics to order a new wheel and bushing. The inside of the wheel hub and outside of the bushing was so worn that the wheel was loose and the drive gear would not engage properly with the internal gear in the wheel.
Called Maytronics to order a new wheel and bushing. They asked that I send a picture of the parts which I did. They immediately called me back and said “these parts have no part number - you will have to send it in for repair”. I asked if they would send me a parts diagram with part numbers. They said they were unable to do this.
Really? They have told me in no uncertain terms that I could not order the parts. This is just crazy! I should mention that, according to their website there is no dealer within 60 miles of my home.

For those of you considering this cleaner you might want to consider the inability to order parts. If I am able to solve this dilemma, I will post the solution.

I

I just spoke with Doheny customer service. I called as a courtesy to tell them of the difficulty I was having, and would they be willing to go bat for me with Maytronics. Their response was “we’re just a distributer”. They have mo interest in assisting me. You might want to consider this also in any purchsing decision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.