Dog scratched vinyl liner...do you think it's ok?

DiverGirl1972

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
May 11, 2018
Delta, PA
Last year I bought a solar cover for the pool to help preserve our heat and save electricity when we're not using it. Part of my hesitation to actually put it on is that I was concerned our idiot dogs would think it was safe to walk on, as they love to run across the safety cover. Yesterday morning, I put the solar cover on the pool for the first time. I know cats are supposed to have 9 lives and I'm not sure how many dogs get, but our dog Daisy definitely used one of them up this morning when she went for her first, all-the-way-in-the-pool solo swim. ??‍♀️ My bf and I went outside to corral her back into the house and saw the solar cover in complete disarray and the dog standing on the pool deck, wagging her tail,100% soaking wet.

We're lucky because she got herself out. She’s likes the pool/water and loves submerging herself on the 2nd stair on hot days, but has never voluntarily gone in beyond the stairs on her own.

We weren’t outside when it happened, but we pieced it together based upon some wet spots around the pool deck. When I looked, I see that there are scratch marks on the wall where she presumably attempted to get out before swimming to the stairs. I went back out a while later to take a closer look at the scratches and I see small micro bubbles sitting on top of them. They’re not moving, to indicate and “active leak” but I’m worried she damaged the liner.

I brushed them away about 10 minutes ago and the bubbles did not return. I also see no drop in water level, at least for now. Do you think I dodged a bullet? I've attached a picture...the bubbles are to the right of my finger

Thanks!

Attachments

• 40E232D0-3F34-4A57-8E66-FC6D723D6D87.jpeg
    40E232D0-3F34-4A57-8E66-FC6D723D6D87.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 14
Ok, thanks. I just went back out and looked and those micro bubbles that were sitting on the scratches (the ones I wiped off) are back. Not moving, but there. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and go from there. Grrr... so annoying. Love them, but they are the reason we can't have anything nice!!

Attachments

• 3 Stooges.jpg
    3 Stooges.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.