does my pool look ok after 5 days?

creedyfbaby

Apr 5, 2021
alabama
I just opened back up and the water was purely brown but it is turning blue but still cloudy after 5 days? my neighbors pool looks great from 400 feet high but mine isn't there yet is everything ok? my pool is bottom right and neighbors is top middle and the house towards the left I can't get much detail about there pool to compare.

Attachments

• RemoteMediaFile_6553625_0_2021_04_05_10_10_38.JPG
    RemoteMediaFile_6553625_0_2021_04_05_10_10_38.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 26
  • RemoteMediaFile_6553624_0_2021_04_05_10_07_04.JPG
    RemoteMediaFile_6553624_0_2021_04_05_10_07_04.JPG
    612.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
What are your pool water testing results from your own, drop based (TF100 or Taylor 2006c) test kit? This site is based on data and science. An expert will be along soon, but they are going to want to see the data.

Oh, and no, it doesn’t look right. Looks cloudy. You should be able to call heads or tails if a quarter was resting on the bottom of the deep end.

What are your pool water testing results from your own, drop based (TF100 or Taylor 2006c) test kit? This site is based on data and science. An expert will be along soon, but they are going to want to see the data.
oh I've never tested I've always went by sight but this seems to be cloudy for a bit too many days ive never went by science just sight for 7 years.

oh I've never tested I've always went by sight but this seems to be cloudy for a bit too many days ive never went by science just sight for 7 years.
Get a test kit, you won’t regret it. A little more work and $$ initially, then easier and cheaper later.

yea I think you're right about this one I'm either stumped or impatient lol but I shouldn't be impatient the water temp now is only 60 degrees not like anyones jumping in yet. by the way is that your pool in your picture it is beautiful.
Yes, thank you. It might seem daunting to get a test kit, but I promise you, it will make your life so easy.

Threads here go one of two ways.
1) Poster gets scared off/lazy about getting a test kit. Never posts again
2) Poster buys a test kit, posts results, and follows the advice from the experts. Poster’s pool looks great all summer and ends up spending less $$ overall.

In the 3 or so years I’ve been on the site, I have NEVER seen this outcome.

3) Poster buys a test kit, posts results, and follows the advice from the experts. Poster’s pool still looks bad after trying everything and spending lots of $$.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.