Does it sound like a good idea to put a skimmer sock over the pump strainer basket while vacuuming?

Vacuuming is soooo last century.
LOL!!!! Yep...so are both my cars...and stereo gear....and vinyl LPs, cassettes, CDs...Cub Cadet tractor, and so on. Stuck in the 20th century I suppose. Was just thinking that we've never seen a period with the level of musical creativity (relative to pop music) like the 60s and 70s. Outgrowth of the British invasion eventually led to an explosion of so many great bands and solo artists. We'll never see that again. It's like when they came along with electronic white boards during the last phase of my teaching career...sometimes the stuff'd work, sometimes not; however, as my wife (who taught primary grades) often said, "the chalk and blackboard always work"!

Just started using a sock in the skimmer basket this season. I wish I would have been doing it for years. Can't believe how much debris is in the sock that used to go into the filter.
Wow...I agree totally. I've only been using it now for a bit under 2 weeks and also am amazed at how much stuff it catches. I cleaned it out thoroughly a few times already. MUCH easier than taking apart the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.