Do regents really expire?

PoolUmp

Silver Supporter
Aug 15, 2016
Bakersfield/CA
Good morning! I’ve been using TFP method for 3 years, no algae outbreaks. Super easy. I have a pool store that I use, the owner never tries to sell me anything, and he knows I use TFP, and actually recommends it to people!
I occasionally like to compare their test results to mine, and today he said my chlorine is “upside down.” Basically they said my
CC were 2.7,
TC 3.13, and
FC .43.
My test said:
CC-0
TC-4

my R-0003 reagent says it expired 04/19. Does it really expire? Could this mess with my results? (I keep test kit inside a cabinet inside my house)

pool store owner said to add E-Z Clor O2 shock

That said - if you do have CCs you should SLAM. If your reagents are still clear and not yellow/brown/tinted to start, then his test is probably off. :)

Good morning! I’ve been using TFP method for 3 years, no algae outbreaks. Super easy. I have a pool store that I use, the owner never tries to sell me anything, and he knows I use TFP, and actually recommends it to people!

pool store owner said to add E-Z Clor O2 shock
Did he forget you use TFP?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.