Do nothing till Test Kit arrives...

Not sure if you can see this well. I had this Crud all over the bottom of my pool. I vacuum & vacuum & vacuum an it still seems to come back. Not as bad but its still there. I was wondering if I add the de to my filter an a sock do you think it will catch it in the filter. I put it on a piece of paper to dry it out its not gritty.

Picture025.jpg

adjusting numbers at night. So the plan is at each night add back what you have lost in the day plus the 1 you know you will lose over night? I set the filter to run from 8 am to 6 pm is that good to start with.

Numbers tonight
fc 7.5
cc .5
tc 8
PH 7.5
cya 40

jck said:
adjusting numbers at night. So the plan is at each night add back what you have lost in the day plus the 1 you know you will lose over night? I set the filter to run from 8 am to 6 pm is that good to start with.

Numbers tonight
fc 7.5
cc .5
tc 8
PH 7.5
cya 40
Tonight, you should not need to add any bleach/chlorine. (You are done shocking, right?)

For CYA of 40 your minimum FC is 3 and target is 6.

Running your filter from 8 to 6 is fine as long as you have at least one hour with pump running in the evening after your nightly dose of chlorine/bleach.
You might need to adjust to something like 9 to 7 or 10 to 8 (assuming you want to stick with 10 hours) in order to get in the hour pump run time after adding nightly dose.

So, for maintenance: In the evenings, after the sun is off your pool, increase your FC to 6, which is target level for your CYA, and have pump running for at least one hour.

When you add chlorine/bleach the next evening, if your FC has dropped below your minimum of 3, then you will need to target a higher FC - maybe 7 or 8. If it is at or above 3, you are okay using target of 6. Each pool is different and uses different amounts of FC daily. You will need to test daily until you get to know your pool's need for chlorine/bleach.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Butterfly said:
jck said:

Numbers tonight
fc 7.5
cc .5
tc 8
PH 7.5
cya 40
Tonight, you should not need to add any bleach/chlorine. (You are done shocking, right?)

For CYA of 40 your minimum FC is 3 and target is 6.

Running your filter from 8 to 6 is fine as long as you have at least one hour with pump running in the evening after your nightly dose of chlorine/bleach.
You might need to adjust to something like 9 to 7 or 10 to 8 (assuming you want to stick with 10 hours) in order to get in the hour pump run time after adding nightly dose.

So, for maintenance: In the evenings, after the sun is off your pool, increase your FC to 6, which is target level for your CYA, and have pump running for at least one hour.

When you add chlorine/bleach the next evening, if your FC has dropped below your minimum of 3, then you will need to target a higher FC - maybe 7 or 8. If it is at or above 3, you are okay using target of 6. Each pool is different and uses different amounts of FC daily. You will need to test daily until you get to know your pool's need for chlorine/bleach.

Hope that makes sense. :)

makes perfect sense Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.