Do I need to SLAM my pool?

Taylor speaks of 2 scoops when doing the 25 ml sample size. Since you are doing 10 ml water sample sizes, you get by with just one generous scoop of powder. It's an accurate sample size amount and should save you some powder over time.

So maybe I was doing it wrong all that time? But I just reviewed the instructions and it does say to use to scoops.

2021-08-02 20_51_28-Window.jpg

Reactions: alex800
For any size test, once you have enough powder it no longer dissolves. If you have one or two grains spinning around, it’s perfect. Repeat that amount forever. If there is a bunch of particles, You used too much and use less next time.

For any size test, once you have enough powder it no longer dissolves. If you have one or two grains spinning around, it’s perfect. Repeat that amount forever. If there is a bunch of particles, You used too much and use less next time.
Good morning, I have two results this morning. For consistency the first test is with 2 scoops just as I was testing before and it is showing 14.5.

And the second test is with one scoop and it is showing 13.5.

I know the first step showing more FC than I had it last night but I think in any case it is good thing.

I just realized that I did not have the pump running for 30 minutes before I took a sample today. :confused:

I will do another in 30. Looks like it will be a cloudy morning.

Good morning
:wave:
the first test is with 2 scoops just as I was testing before and it is showing 14.5.

And the second test is with one scoop and it is showing 13.5.
So at 7:30 last night with the sun tucking down behind the trees you had 13.5 and at least that much this morning.

so long as the SWG was off, there was no loss from algae, or at the most, very little loss if your testing had some error to it. Again, it’s not that you did anything wrong. It’s that we are humans and not machines. :)

Pat will be very happy to see this. (Hope it went well at the Dr bro).

it appears you are over the hump and clean now. I’d personally run a little above target for a week or so just in case, but it looks good.

:wave:

So at 7:30 last night with the sun tucking down behind the trees you had 13.5 and at least that much this morning.

so long as the SWG was off, there was no loss from algae, or at the most, very little loss if your testing had some error to it. Again, it’s not that you did anything wrong. It’s that we are humans and not machines. :)

Pat will be very happy to see this. (Hope it went well at the Dr bro).

it appears you are over the hump and clean now. I’d personally run a little above target for a week or so just in case, but it looks good.

Yes, you are correct. And it does looks promising even though I probably miscalculated a drop or two yesterday. :). Or maybe because I did not have the pump running this morning for 30 min.

Just did another test after running the pump for 30 minutes. Both test with one and two scoops are pretty much the same at 14.5ppm. I will leave SWG off today. Hopefully by 7:30 pm it will be around 10 ppm. This is what I would like to maintain from now on as my target. My previous target was 6 but from reading other posts I made the conclusion that there was no room for error like big rain storm or loss of power.

Reactions: Newdude
Nice to see your FC is holding now. :goodjob: While you may have had some organic issues in the water last week, you seem to be in the clear now and any variances seem to be related to testing. I think letting your FC fall to about 8-10 is a reasonable thing to do now so you can test all of your levels later. Congrats on doing such a super job maintaining your water and pool.

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice to see your FC is holding now. :goodjob: While you may have had some organic issues in the water last week, you seem to be in the clear now and any variances seem to be related to testing. I think letting your FC fall to about 8-10 is a reasonable thing to do now so you can test all of your levels later. Congrats on doing such a super job maintaining your water and pool.

full
Thank you Pat.

At 7pm I'm at 12 ppm. It was raining most of the day. SWG was off.

Looks like I'm out of the woods.

I can see the screws in the drain. ;)

Attachments

• 20210804_185950.jpg
    20210804_185950.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210804_185910.jpg
    20210804_185910.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.