Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I always feel it's a possibility in the beginning of the season because I forget how often I have to add water. that said, I have had a leak at my skimmer a couple times. It looked like I may have something open there so I put some pool putty or whatever the pool store told me to use last time. then I filled the pool to a line in the tile. I've lost about an inch of water in 18ish hours. Less than 24 for sure. No one has swam, so zero splash out. My CYA has dropped from tested 70 but then I've added to what should be 80 down to 60. My SWG is still working, so salt hasn't dropped significantly which seems odd.

Have you tried food coloring around all the usual suspect areas? Bucket test perhaps?

If you lost an inch in less than 24 hours in Michigan (not the desert) then you have a leak.

1/4 inch daily (24 hrs) seems about normal for evaporation.

I would suggest you continue to let it leak down until it stops. The leak will be at that level.

If you lost an inch in less than 24 hours in Michigan (not the desert) then you have a leak.

1/4 inch daily (24 hrs) seems about normal for evaporation.

I would suggest you continue to let it leak down until it stops. The leak will be at that level.
oh interesting thought. I am missing some tiles that we are on a wait list to get repaired and the wall needs repaired too, it's pretty low, I wonder if it's there. the pool store is coming out to look next week. I could let it get low but we have a party Monday. it's also hard to shut the pool off right now, we have tons of trees and tons of pollen falling now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.