DIY top rail ideas

Joe D

Sep 5, 2014
Waterloo,IL
Hi All
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could fabricate new top rails? I have a 21' round AGP with a salt generator and the water is taking it's toll on the steel ones.
I was thinking about using composite decking for the rails but my biggest issue is some of the joint plates are shot to. I have tried to find replacements but everywhere i have looked either don't have them or they are so expensive it's not worth putting that much into a 17 year old pool. Also I can't find who the original manufacture was. All I have is the model they sold me, "Southport" . I called the store we bought it from and they were no help either.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Yes and no.
I only got the general instructions and the installation section. No parts list except the number of items for the size.
However it reads word for word and the pictures are the same. Also the number of items matches mine, 14 rails and plates.
The name southport came from the quote sheet back in 07.
Also I noticed the manual that you sent was revised in 2019 so it's quite possible it's a newer version.
The only real noticeable difference is the plastic joint covers. Mine only has the top part where this manual shows a bottom piece, but the pics are identical otherwise.
So I would think they would be the same.
Thanks for the help

Did you ever find your parts? We have a 2006 Wilbar pool and Inyo Pools had the parts needed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.