Nov 14, 2015
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I was looking into installing a SWG unit. I had a question of how you guys would recommend plumbing it in.

I posted 2 pictures. I am thinking of replacing pipe with the red line to get rid of the unnecessary 90 degree turns. And I was going to place the SWG in the middle of the horizontal pipe (marked in blue).

Is this unnecessary work? Should I just simply cut and put in the SWG? I figured I might need more straight pipe for the flow meter.

Any suggestions?

I would definitely put it on the red pipe in the drawing. The more straight pipe you have before and after the flow switch, the better. Plus you can get rid of all those old fittings by cutting below that coupler on the vertical pipe. You'll only use 2 fittings instead of 5 (1 coupler and one 90 at the top and have a much nicer and cleaner looking install plus plenty of straight pipe for the SWG.

No brainer in my book.:cheers:

Reactions: HermanTX
The Circupool comes with 2 inch and 1.5 inch unions, plus it comes with 1.5" reducers for the flow switch. Everything you need. (y)

Just be careful when you glue on the unions and make sure that the collar is on before you glue, or else you are out of luck. You can't put it on after the fact.:oops:

So, looking at your pictures a little more closely, it looks like the cross piece and the vertical piece that goes straight down into the ground are not quite on the same plane, so that means that you need to turn that top piece a little away from the filter so it will line up with the vertical piece in a straight line. I'd make a cut below the vertical coupler (black line) and right below the top 90 elbow (black line) to allow as much exposed pipe on the other 90 elbow that is attached to the filter's upper union. Loosen that upper union and turn the 90 elbow so it faces to the left (currently facing up) toward the vertical pipe. Glue on a coupler on that pipe that's left after the 90 elbow and that should pretty much give you a straight shot across to the vertical pipe on the other side. Then you only need one more fitting (90 elbow at the top of the vertical pipe. That will allow you plenty of pipe to cut in the SWG and flow switch. You can do it either before or after the cell as long as you allow a good run on both sides.

You can remove the pipe by making the two cuts in black below and just pull it out carefully. Try to make the cut as square as possible so that the end of the pipe will glue into the fitting evenly. You'll have a solid glue joint that way.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It just dawned on me when I took a closer look at that picture. I was hoping maybe you had a couple other angles from the side to get a better look at it, but it just didn't look like a straight run across. Just make sure the piece you cut at the filter by the union leaves you at least an inch of pipe so you have enough surface to glue your coupler onto.

Reactions: Nomnomnom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.