Divot in Fiberglass

User322

Jun 17, 2021
Hello, we are in the process of having a fiberglass pool installed. We have been trying to reach our project manager because we noticed a divot/chip in the fiberglass (see pictures), but he is on vacation. We have also reached out to the manufacturer for guidance. In the meantime, I wanted to ask here to see if anyone knows how an issue like this would typically be repaired. This pool is brand new and not even ready for swimming, so we obviously want it to be in perfect/near perfect condition. We are hoping to avoid having the pool pulled out and a new one installed, but we don't want to just live with this chip (it's the first thing my husband notices when he looks outside) and we don't feel like we should have to throw additional money at this project. Is there a way to fix this without uninstalling the pool? Maybe adding water line tile?

Attachments

• Resized_20210605_163932.jpeg
    Resized_20210605_163932.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Resized_20210605_164013.jpeg
    Resized_20210605_164013.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to TFP! :wave: You say divot, but that looks more like a chuck was scraped off right? Two good things about it though. One, it's above the waterline, so even if they drop the pool in the ground, it can be fixed at any time. Two, gelcoat repairs have come a long way. Because that's a solid color, I suspect a crew can fix that in short order and only you would even know it's there. If you weren't happy with a gelcoat repair, you might even twist their arm into a waterline tile. But a repair should go well. But keep good pics and notes on everything so you can ensure the installer and/or manufacture take care of it.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You say divot, but that looks more like a chuck was scraped off right? Two good things about it though. One, it's above the waterline, so even if they drop the pool in the ground, it can be fixed at any time. Two, gelcoat repairs have come a long way. Because that's a solid color, I suspect a crew can fix that in short order and only you would even know it's there. If you weren't happy with a gelcoat repair, you might even twist their arm into a waterline tile. But a repair should go well. But keep good pics and notes on everything so you can ensure the installer and/or manufacture take care of it.
Thank you so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.