Dirt is "STUCK"

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
Hi! Been a while since I've needed any advice! Yay Me? Update: still hate my pool and being a pool owner. This will never change until I'm living surfside in an Airstream with my cats!

Anywho! I have an issue and I need advice!

The paint in my free-form pain the in the @$$ pool is chipping. Pool can not be drained, sandblasted, resurfaced and painted due to the high water levels in my yard.

That being said, all the dirt etc is getting stuck in the crevices making it impossible to get rid of. Vacuum won't even suck it up.

Anyone have ANY suggestions?

I'm not sure of your history, but do you use the pool that you hate? The real answer is for you to have it re-plastered (not repainted). I know you say that you cant because of the water table, but obviously your pool was empty at least one during the construction and then likely another time when they put a bandaid on the failing plaster by repainting it.

I would suggest either contacting a reputable resurfacing company that can re-plaster and mitigate the risk of it floating via pumps or hydro static valves. If you dont want to do that, maybe it is time to cover it or fill it in.

We are obviously mainly pool lovers on this site and would hate to see you abandon your pool, but we get that not everyone loves pools and I also would not want to see another band-aid put on the failing plaster.

I'm not sure of your history, but do you use the pool that you hate? The real answer is for you to have it re-plastered (not repainted). I know you say that you cant because of the water table, but obviously your pool was empty at least one during the construction and then likely another time when they put a bandaid on the failing plaster by repainting it.

I would suggest either contacting a reputable resurfacing company that can re-plaster and mitigate the risk of it floating via pumps or hydro static valves. If you dont want to do that, maybe it is time to cover it or fill it in.

We are obviously mainly pool lovers on this site and would hate to see you abandon your pool, but we get that not everyone loves pools and I also would not want to see another band-aid put on the failing plaster.

I personally don't get to get in often as I'm too busy catering to everyone else who DOES get to get in. We will have to do the plastering ourselves as I've yet to find a company who will come out. I can't even find a company to come out and clean the pool and add chemicals while we're on vacation for a week so I supershock it before we leave and hope for the best. It's always green upon our return though.

I was asking for tips though, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.