Dirt/Dust coming out of jets while vacuuming

mariannecc

Jul 16, 2020
Markham, ON
Hi I am new here and I am wondering if someone could help me. We just recently did a renovation in our backyard, so there was a lot of dust and dirt that ended up in the pool I vacuumed several times and still a huge mess. I added power floc which seemed to help and I thought I could vacuum it out on WASTE and everything would be fine. But then I noticed that there was dust coming out of the jets while I was vacuuming. Is this supposed to happen when you vacuum to waste? Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have vacuumed atleast 6 times and still everything collects to the bottom of the pool within hours. Please help me! I'm pulling my hair out!

I noticed that there was dust coming out of the jets while I was vacuuming. Is this supposed to happen when you vacuum to waste?
No, not normal. Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like the spider gasket in the multiport valve may be bad. The whole purpose of WASTE is to bypass the filter (and return jets) completely. Complicating things is that the floc appears to be in your sand now which is never good. You can continue to try and remove the floc, but inspecting that spider gasket is very important.

If you have more questions about those mechanical issues or the water chemistry to prevent algae, let us know. Make sure to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and update your signature. Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.