Dirt / debris behind Stairwaves steps

Sep 9, 2017
Oakley, CA
Wondering how people are getting the dirt and debris out from behind their big, heavy Stairwave steps. I have taken it apart once, per a Doughboy rep's suggestion, but it's a lot of work and requires more than one person and is something I will only want to do once in a while. Vacuum doesnt fit or function well back there, and it's too dark for me to see what it's getting or missing.

I need to figure out how to clean back there daily or at least weekly. I keep my pool clean and balanced (test and treat it as needed daily), so pool always looks clear and clean. But the leaves and dirt that get stuck back there seem to be providing an ideal place for backswimmers to breed, and those suckers are a lot of work to collect and squish!

I am new here, so no signature yet. But it's a Doughboy 12x20 5,600 gallon Palm Shore. Have a Clear Water II pump and filter and a Hayward HP50TA heat pump.

Glad to find this resource!

Can you get a brush back there and scrub the mess out of it? I'd say you are going to have to take them down every so often to get all the nooks and crannies. Algae will hide everywhere and you have to expose it to kill it.

Can you get a brush back there and scrub the mess out of it? I'd say you are going to have to take them down every so often to get all the nooks and crannies. Algae will hide everywhere and you have to expose it to kill it.

I really can't. The space available and the angle would prevent me from reaching most of it. And I have to be underwater to get in there, which limits how long I can work on each attempt. And even if I could, it would most likely just kick it up and it would then just settle right back down behind the steps again! Its frustrating.

I am so curious how other Stairwaves owners do this!

Thank you for your reaponse and suggestion...

Jennifer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.