Direct RS485 communication with Jandy heater

crabboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Hello All,

I have a Jandy Jxi heater that I am a trying to communicate directly to using the RS485 port. I see a few projects around that do so via the Aqualink, but I do not have that hardware.

I have been able to connect to my Aquapure with this project: sfeakes/AquapureD

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What are you trying to do make your own automation? You can control that heater via the on/off remote thermostat terminals and do not need the RS485 to remotely turn it on and off. Check out the instructions for it. The RS485 is for Jandy automation and the on/off "fireman's" switch is for all others.

Hey, thanks for your response.

I did see those ports in the instructions, but was trying to get a more advanced interface, like reading the pool temp, reading and setting the pool temp on the heater as well as turn it on and off. I was just about to give up on this, but I may take that route.

Since you have the Aqualink, do you know if it gets the pool temp from the chlorinator or the heater and I assume you can set the heater temperature from it?

Hey, thanks for your response.

I did see those ports in the instructions, but was trying to get a more advanced interface, like reading the pool temp, reading and setting the pool temp on the heater as well as turn it on and off. I was just about to give up on this, but I may take that route.

Since you have the Aqualink, do you know if it gets the pool temp from the chlorinator or the heater and I assume you can set the heater temperature from it?

Neither. It has its own temperature gauge. It controls the heater via that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.