Difference between Hayward PoolVac XL and Navigator Pro ?

phappy

Aug 25, 2013
Hey brethren. I am comparing the Hayward PoolVac XL and the Navigator Pro. ...and as far as I can tell there is not much difference? The only difference I can find in Hayward's product description is in the "Programmed Cleaning":

Navigator Pro has "Exclusive SmartDrive® preprogrammed steering pattern offering the best in intelligent, complete pool coverage"

PoolVac XL has "Exclusive AquaPilot® preprogrammed steering pattern offering the best in intelligent, complete pool coverage, covering pool floor, walls* and coves."

So...SmartDrive versus AquaPilot...what are these really? And does anyone know the difference between the two?

As always, thank you for your replies & help.

Last edited:
In addition, besides the cost...is there a difference between a Hayward PoolVac XL or Navigator Pro designated for "concrete" versus one for "vinyl"?

And are the replacement parts the same between the PoolVac LX and Navigator Pro?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.