Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
For times when you want to remove cell for cleaning or whatnot? What about the flow switch - can that remain in place?

I bring mine inside for the winter because electronics and freezing. If I lived somewhere warm, or even close to warm, I'd simply remove the power once the water was too cold.

If I wanted a dummy cell for maintainence purposes (incredibly rare), I'd build my own for the cost of unions and a piece of pipe if the prefab ones were spendy. The Jandy one is outrageously priced the last I saw it. If I could find a deal one any of them for $40 or less I'd buy it just for ease. Otherwise I'd build it.

I bring mine inside for the winter because electronics and freezing. If I lived somewhere warm, or even close to warm, I'd simply remove the power once the water was too cold.

If I wanted a dummy cell for maintainence purposes (incredibly rare), I'd build my own for the cost of unions and a piece of pipe if the prefab ones were spendy. The Jandy one is outrageously priced the last I saw it. If I could find a deal one any of them for $40 or less I'd buy it just for ease. Otherwise I'd build it.
The dummy cell for mine is $35 (or maybe $31) so I may do that, just for low effort.

Reactions: newdude
Oh yeah. The unions might be $17 each plus shipping. Go for it. The better Jandy model looks identical to the cell just with no plates and is $170. Yeah. No. Lol.

Oh yeah. It's simply not needed anywhere warm, unless you had to send the cell out for repair/replacement. Hack Murpy's in your favor that if you have it, you'll never need it. It's cheap insurance. 😁

Yep, I wouldn’t pay a lot for something I’d rarely, if ever use, but as you say, cheap insurance when Mr. Murphy comes to call.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.