Diamond Brite up charge

Gui0312

Aug 29, 2021
Miami
Ok guys, so I’m building a 12x24 pool about 3-5’ deep (I guess 4 on average) we wanted a darker finish like the french gray or onyx. The builder is telling me it’s hard to find now and charging me an extra 2300 french gray or 2500 for onyx as an up charge. Opposed to one of the white finishes which is included. Now I looked on a direct SGM distributor or not sure if it’s SGM themselves and they charge 35.00 per 80 lb bag which according to labeling covers 22 sqft and it shows in stock. This brings my math to 12x24x4 = 1152 / 22 = 53 approximate bags. Which would add up to $1832 with free shipping in FL.

Considering they are including original white DB (cool blue, blue etc) it seems a 2500 up charge is a bit drastic…

With the heavy demand for new pools to be built, along with enormous transportation issues, I'm not surprised by that cost really.

A 3' pool is almost like a kiddy pool, really too short for adults to enjoy IMO. Have you considered at least 3.5' instead?

A shallow pool like your wanting built will experience warm swampy feeling water in really hot weather. Are you planning on a chiller?

Maddie :flower:

With the heavy demand for new pools to be built, along with enormous transportation issues, I'm not surprised by that cost really.

A 3' pool is almost like a kiddy pool, really too short for adults to enjoy IMO. Have you considered at least 3.5' instead?

A shallow pool like your wanting built will experience warm swampy feeling water in really hot weather. Are you planning on a chiller?

Maddie :flower:
Well that’s the thing if I would order it, the cost is much less so it looks like they are trying to make a killing off the plaster. Another builder had told me before he would credit me the plaster since I had inquired about doing pebble tec.

Do you mean 3.5 at the shallow end sloping down to 5 at the deep end?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.