Diamond Brite Exposed Aggregate and White Spots

Jun 5, 2017
Sacramento, Ca
Hi Guys/Gals,
I've been searching through some of the posts on Diamond Brite and white spots on fresh plaster, and thought i'd ask your opinions on my situation.

Here's a little background, we had pool installed at the very end of last year. The color is Diamond Brite Midnight Blue, and i have 2 problems with it, the final product doesn't look like what the samples represented (no exposed aggregate), and secondly there is white spots on our cabo shelf and it doesn't look good. The installer didn't put in a "eyeball" aim-er thing (technical term) in the return at the cabo shelf and you can see where the water path was going, it looks like it chewed it up. The pool builder installed one, but it looks like damage was done.

I asked our builder about the exposed aggregate that should show up and was told it could take a bit of time for it to show up, and if it didn't after 6 months he could do an acid wash. I'm now more concerned with the white spots than the exposed aggregate. Would an acid wash fix this, or is a re-plaster in order?

I have confidence in our pool builder, but i just would like some advice before we discuss our options.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• MojitoPool.jpg
    MojitoPool.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Cabo Shelf White Spots.jpg
    Cabo Shelf White Spots.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 35
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.