deep end bench for narrow 12x31 pool

saralines

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2020
Los Angeles
We are in the steel rebar phase of building on our 12'x31' pool. The spa and stairs will be on the same side of the pool, allowing for a lap lane, with the spa first (5x7, with 7 going the long way) and the depth of the pool goes for 4-8'. My builder specified a deep end bench, and just told me it will be 3' long on the same side of the pool as the spa and the stairs. On one hand, I can see my kids and guests loving the bench for both hanging around, jumping off, and getting out so they can dive in from the end of the pool (no board), but I am a little concerned about someone diving/jumping onto or into the bench and hurting themselves, considering the pool is already so narrow. Seeing as the steps are 1/3 of the way into the pool, the kids could also simply swim to the stairs to get out. But a bench is always fun...thoughts?

Hi. Sounds like we have a similar layout--also 12x31. Originally asked for a bench on both sides but the builder advised to keep a dedicated lap lane open so the bench is on the same side as the stairs but adjacent. I am hoping bright step markers mean kids will see it and avoid it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.