Dead Opossum

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
I sadly found one floating under my solar cover when I reeled it off today. To make it worse, I later found a tiny baby opossum floating, too. 😢
I put a jug of chlorine in to bring it up to 20. Anything else I should do? Probably shouldn't swim for today, I guess.

Oh bless your heart.:cry: What a sad thing to find.

The good news is opossums aren't noted to be a problem or health risk to you, unlike racoon poop for example.

Do as you have- Take it up to SLAM level for the day and just monitor.

Maddie

Reactions: Jeff J.
When I was like 12 or something I went out to the back patio to call for my kitty and bring her in for the night. I moved towards what I THOUGHT was my sweet cat to pet it, and the most horrible hissing sharp toothed fanged red eyed opossum was there and it scarred me for life because my adolescent brain thought my cat was possessed.

Hard pass. They can die. Preferably not in anyone's pool.

When I was like 12 or something I went out to the back patio to call for my kitty and bring her in for the night. I moved towards what I THOUGHT was my sweet cat to pet it, and the most horrible hissing sharp toothed fanged red eyed opossum was there and it scarred me for life because my adolescent brain thought my cat was possessed.

Hard pass. They can die. Preferably not in anyone's pool.

I think they evil looking too, but I don't want any animal to suffer. That's mainly why I'm a pescatarian. By the way, I found two more babies in the bottom later. Sigh. I ran the filter all night and kept my solar cover off. The pools very warm anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.