hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Once again after three years of replacing I’m having issues with my pool vacuum. This is the second one in 8 years. Looking at rebuilding it but I would be spending around $250 to rebuilt with no guarantee that it will be fixed. Had similar issue back in 2020 which after rebuilding the issue remained. Issue now is that it just goes in circles and hardly climbs the walls. It is connected on its own vacuum side line. Even when I fully close the skimmer valve, you can hear it oscillating very fast but does same thing. I did make sure nothing is blocking the internal as I took it apart.

So instead of fixing, I’m thinking of getting a replacement with vacuum side again or newer electric technology. I do get a lot of debris from surrounding trees so it needs to be able to handle such pickup. Any recommendations? Thank you

Good morning. Haven’t thrown in the towel yet but eventually I will as I’m not looking to spend all the money to rebuild such old technology. I did take it apart and sprayed some WD40 and seems to be working. At least picking up debris from the bottom of the pool for now. Sometimes will climb the walls but mainly doing it’s things on the bottom floor.

I do have my eye on the Polaris MAXX to see if it goes down in price. Let’s see. Thanks for checking in.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Perhaps a wheeled cleaner would work better. Take a look at the Pentair Rebel. I use a KK Sandshark and it works well in my pool. It’s very simple internal dive is easy to rebuild. Suction vacuums should be cleaned out regularly to make sure the gears and internals stay free of sand and small debris. I once had a small twig in mine that locked up the gears and kept the unit from moving. I don’t get much in the way of debris but I do get lots of sand, silt and small pebbles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.