Day 3 with my green pool

My numbers this morning:
CYA = 30 (and holding!!! yay!!)
TC = .5
pH = 8.0

I've been using my tablets now for about 30 days.
My pool is crystal clear. The calculator says to put 13 oz in to get it back to TC of 4.
My question is How often do most people add a tablet and what is your goal to keep it at. I think I have been avg about 2-3 tablets per week but my TC is never over 2-3. Is this enough??? I just put the tablet in my skimmer basket instead of a floating dispenser.

If you will remember I am having problems keeping my stablizer stablized!!!!! The reason for the tablets is to keep my stabilizer up and the inflammation in my wrists down!! lol

You don't understand. I can't keep my stabilizer stable with just bleach. I am having to add stabilizer every week because I can't keep it up due to lots of rain... it keeps diluting my stabilizer..... between that and when i have to add more water... due to evaporation. I am physically not able to carry the bleach bottles from the store to my home...... to my storage to my pool due to inflammation in my wrists. I have used bleach for at least 4-5 years now and loved it all that time but I can't do it this summer due to physcial problems. I can test my water and make sure the stabilizer is not going overboard when using the tablets and right now it is staying stable at 30. I put muriatic acid in this morning to pull the pH down.

Stabilizer does not evaporate or destabilize, it will only rise if you continue using tablets. Unless your pool is overflowing the rain is not going to dilute it enough and refilling lost water will not dilute it. Your CYA will rise, you will have to use more tablets to compensate, and your CYA will rise faster. It is not a guess, it is a mathematical certainty.

I can understand you cannot carry the jugs, it's an unfortunate problem I fear most of us will face one day. If nobody can help you, I suggest using cal-hypo or lithium-hypo. The cal-hypo is cheaper and easier to find but will add calcium to your pool so you would need to watch the pH carefully, keeping it low to prevent scaling. Either of them, in my opinion, is better than struggling with exponential CYA increases.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.