Day 10 Start Up /Big Storms Debris in Pool /What to do?

parkinsmith

Gold Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Clifton Texas, Lake Whitney
It is day 7 of pool start up and we had storms and winds today . There is now an excessive amount of dirt and small tree debris ( little buds and small leaves) on the bottom of the pool . It's filthy.

I know I can not put anything with wheels on the new plaster so what is the best thing to do ? I bought a vacuum attachment with brushes only at the pool store today.
Do I use it and vacuum ? If so best way ?
Do I backwash ?
I did try brushing it all tword main drain.

Anything else I need to watch out for with this dirt in the pool ?

As always, I am grateful for any feedback.

This vacuum you bought - is it a suction vacuum you attach to the skimmer? If it has brushes only like on your regular brush that may work OK. The alternative is to continue to brush and use your net to remove the debris.

You should backwash if your filter pressure rises 25% over the clean pressure.

This vacuum you bought - is it a suction vacuum you attach to the skimmer? If it has brushes only like on your regular brush that may work OK. The alternative is to continue to brush and use your net to remove the debris.

You should backwash if your filter pressure rises 25% over the clean pressure.
Tbank you . The vac looks like the one that came with te pool but with brushes and no wheels . It would attach to the hose that attaches to the skimmer . I have never done this before, watched some You Tube videos. Would I vac to waste or have it go through the filter?

Tbank you . The vac looks like the one that came with te pool but with brushes and no wheels . It would attach to the hose that attaches to the skimmer . I have never done this before, watched some You Tube videos. Would I vac to waste or have it go through the filter?
Vac to waste is always good but remember you will lose water so have to adjust for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.