Dart's ool. There is no P in it.

jdartii

Aug 24, 2022
Northern Virginia
Pool: 40,000-gallon Gunite with black Pebble Tec, (worthless) Paramount PCC2000 pop up floor cleaning system, and two fountains. Built in 2006. Tiles replaced, coping stones re-seated, and re-caulked in 2020.
SWG: Two Hayward T15 cells. Separate controllers and flow control valves for each.
Filter: Pentair Quad Cartridge 100 SF DE.
Pump: Pentair 3HP variable speed.
Heater: Natural gas, Pentair minimax NT (Only used once and disconnected it. Black bottom pool stays plenty warm).
Cleaner: Maytronics Dolphin 400m.

I have been doing home testing for years with a test kit that requires one to differentiate between hues to come up with a particular value. I then compare that to (unreliable) test strips and (unreliable) results I occasionally get from the pool store, but I have never been convinced that any maintenance I am doing is correct or necessary. I no longer buy high priced chemicals from the pool store as pretty much anything I need I can get at a Wal-Mart or the Hardware store at a much lower price. Seems I have a different problem every year though… SWG failures (controllers, used up cells); High chlorine demand – no algae; Algae; PH creeping up; This year, PH keeps dropping. Stumbled across TFP and have ordered a test kit. Looking forward to more precise testing results, Pool Math, and the wisdom available at TFP.

Reactions: newdude