D.C. Voltage

Not sure if I have this in the correct section.I was having bonding issues last year so periodically I test the water for any voltage,all has been well.Today I tested it and by mistake I had my meter on D.C. And recorded .25 volts.Whats up with that?Salt system pool,using digital meter.

salt increases the conductivity of the water, thus your readings in millivolts on your test meter. Also the reason why you should install an anode to reduce the potential effects of electrolysis, especially if the pool was not equipotentially bonded. You say that you had bonding issues last year, how was the issue remedied?

salt increases the conductivity of the water, thus your readings in millivolts on your test meter. Also the reason why you should install an anode to reduce the potential effects of electrolysis, especially if the pool was not equipotentially bonded. You say that you had bonding issues last year, how was the issue remedied?
I bought the house and upon inspection there was about 8 volts A/C current in one corner of the pool and wet deck.A bonding wire was broken and repaired.I periodically check the pool because of that and I accidentally had my meter on D.C. Volts.I'm thinking of buying that yellow thing that you run around the pool to check for stray voltage.I have young grandchildren.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.