Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I know this comes up a lot, so I took pictures today. My process is :
1) Fill the bottle half full with pool water.
2) Top up with the CYA reagent to the shoulder of the bottle
3) Shake for 5 seconds.
4) Find my glasses because I put them down and lost them already
5) Shake the bottle once again because its been 30 seconds or so now.
6) Fill to a specific line on the test vial, observe the dot, fill some more, observe the dot etc.
7) Once I have a value for the missing dot, I repeat to confirm.
(the 70 might have been 80..I had a bunch of pictures!)
cyatest.jpg

IMO, taking pics ruins the test. The solution is supposed to be swirling for the turbidity to do its thing. To run another test, you suck it back up into the bottle and squirt it again, which stirs it up again long enough to take a fast glance at it.

By the time you get a clear pic, it's already started to settle and it's like you stood there and stared at it, which you're not supposed to do.

I fill to a line, look away for a second, and then lightning fast glance at it. I either see it in that flash or I don't.

Reactions: mgtfp
IMO, taking pics ruins the test. The solution is supposed to be swirling for the turbidity to do its thing.
The pictures were for illustration...I dont take pictures for my normal measurements. Like you, I glance at the tube and go from there. I just see the question come up often enough that I thought a couple of example pictures of 'the dot' may be helpful ;)

Reactions: Newdude
.I dont take pictures for my normal measurements.
Obviously. :laughblue:

My point was that the pictures are flawed, because it took a few second to take them. (IMO....... there's no reason *we* can't be subjective about the subjective test). My mix really seems to swirl and it stops pretty quick after squirting.

Obviously. :laughblue:

My point was that the pictures are flawed, because it took a few second to take them. (IMO). My mix really seems to swirl and it stops pretty quick after squirting.
Oh, for sure they are not accurate measurements given my CYA, but the progression of dot-dissapearance is what I was trying to get at.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.