CYA Test

Sid/

Bronze Supporter
Mar 20, 2018
Sachse, Texas
Think maybe this would be a proper place to ask another CYA question. I have seen on this forum and other forums that for a proper cya test the tested water should be between 70 to 75 Degrees F. If this is true does the pool tester need to cool down 90 degree F water to the 70 degree F before performing the test? Ex. put that 90 degree sample water in a frig for a while to the acceptable 70 degree level????

Re: CYA testing shows nothing...

Think maybe this would be a proper place to ask another CYA question. I have seen on this forum and other forums that for a proper cya test the tested water should be between 70 to 75 Degrees F. If this is true does the pool tester need to cool down 90 degree F water to the 70 degree F before performing the test? Ex. put that 90 degree sample water in a frig for a while to the acceptable 70 degree level????
70 is the minimum temperature. Experience has shown that things don't mix and react well when the water is cold. So you see less cloudiness, which makes you think CYA is lower than it really is. Higher temps are fine.

Re: CYA testing shows nothing...

Thanks Richard,
So I should be getting an excellent reading on my CYA in the Texas heat. I was just concerned as my CYA seems to be reducing more quickly than I thought it should.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.