Apr 27, 2021
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good day all!
Time to start the pool. Quick question before I slam should I bring my cya up? I got no reading at all when I did the test and I was at 20 so cya is 0.

I’m going to bring the PH down prior to slam.
FC 0
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 0
Temp 68
CSI 0.24

Have you mixed for a full day ?

If so, then you need 30 CYA or the sun will burn off any chlorine you add in an hour or two. A word of caution that 20 and below are sketch at best to decipher so add in stages instead of 0 - 30.

Have you mixed for a full day ?

If so, then you need 30 CYA or the sun will burn off any chlorine you add in an hour or two. A word of caution that 20 and below are sketch at best to decipher so add in stages instead of 0 - 30.
I haven ran the pump yet, I am topping off the pool now, should be able to start the pump in about 20 min. My water is cloudy and has already turned. I can see the floor drains slightly.

I haven ran the pump yet
OK it needs a day to mix before we trust any results.

Obviously you'll need to SLAM, but the CYA level is a huge part of that.

Add 5ppm FC a day to keep it from getting worse until it's mixed and you get the CYA to 30. Then full SLAM Process ahead.

Reactions: Envieddesigns
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.