CYA Reduction

csmdew

Feb 17, 2020
Florida
Tested pool and most stuff looked good but cya was over 80, so based on that I replaced about 4000 gallons of water. Now I heard or read u need to wait for about 7/10 days and test again. My question, will it be higher or lower right after replacing the water or after waiting time period. Just for heck of it I tested today (3days after) and had about 47 reading. Should I expect it to go up or down from there, thanks.

Don’t forget to always round up to the nearest ten. @mguzzy can take a swig of the vial and know it’s 33.72 with a few swishes, but the rest of us only need to know it’s 20/30/40 etc.

Reactions: mguzzy
Then let's say it's 50, should I go lower or just stay. I've never had algae or really any problem except the cya got high for some unknow reason. Not really worried about me or pool just great granddaughter. Thanks

Reactions: Newdude
The April showers and the normal 4-5 ppm of monthly degradation should take care of the rest. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.