CYA is always low even after adding stabilizer

Minda Martin

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2019
Arkansas
I did a full test this a.m. Since the slam, my FC just fluctuates between 9 and 8. My slam was passed on 7-27. How long before FC returns to normal? These are the chemicals I have added since the slam using pool math.
7-29 1 pound 7 oz stabilizer
8-9 42 oz 6% bleach
8-9 13 ounces stabilizer
8-9 1.4 oz of 31.45 muriatic acid
Today's test
FC 8.5
CC 0
CYA 60 (will be adding 2 pounds 8 oz of stabilizer in a sock in front of skimmer)
TA 100
CH 75 ppm vinyl SWG pool
PH 7.8 (will be adding 1.4 oz muriatic acid) (I hate measuring this stuff, it smokes!)
Salt 2900 Set @ 50% production
Filter pressure 11
It really makes me nervous that I have only added liquid bleach one time since the slam. The pool is clear and comfortable to swim in although the Grands have gone home and back to school, so I'm the only one using it. Any suggestions?

Maybe your FC loss is not that much... always funny when folks follow the TFP methodology and then get bored when everything goes smoothly. Your SWG must be producing the amount needed, which is kind of the point;)

Maybe your FC loss is not that much... always funny when folks follow the TFP methodology and then get bored when everything goes smoothly. Your SWG must be producing the amount needed, which is kind of the point;)
Not bored by any means! Just scared that I may be doing something wrong and will wake up one morning and my pool will be black or green! Adding my stabilizer today, leaving town for 2 days and hoping for the best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.