CYA 135 - Reverse osmosis?? We live in a marsh and its a hosepipe ban at moment,

Lamby2244

Jul 12, 2021
Kent England
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, Thanks to this forum I am finally understanding my pool. Unfortunately due to a very naive pool dude we now have a CYA at 140.... I need to test the Chlorine but my Photometer only goes up to 10ppm.... the test said it was greater than 10 ppm. Our pool dude has been using stabilised chlorine pucks and a device that floats around and measures ORP (Ondilo) - as this dropped he started to add more pucks more frequently = Chlorine Lock. Thanks to buying the Palin test kit on Ebay I worked it out after some advice here.....

In the short term I need to sort the pool out BUT - we are in a hosepipe ban area AND we are in a marsh so with water table..... EEEEEK I have started dumping small amounts each day and letting the auto refill take over but this will take a while.

Doing some research online there seems to be a solution - reverse osmosis - does anyone know if there are mobile or rental solutions for one? Is this an option?

Cheers

Simon

Mobile RO systems are not perfectly efficient, you get about 80% efficiency if they are operated properly and the rest goes to waste. So you would still need to make up at least 20% of the volume you are treating, or about 14,000 liters (3750 gallons).

Google is your frenemy ... Google search "mobile pool reverse osmosis treatment" and see what pops up in your area. If nothing does, then you'll simply have to limp along until the water restrictions are lifted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.