Cutting A New Return Without Reinforcement?

Aug 30, 2017
Victoria, BC Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Heya,

I made my return larger last year to accommodate a 1.5" return from my new larger pump/filter and it went fine. I now am left with the smaller pump that came with the pool and I thought I'd make it into a separate system for my BBQ heater contraption. Currently I use a sump pump to push water through the heater and don't want kiddos in the pool with the electricity going right in the water. Using the old pump would let me run the heater with swimmers in the pool. I've ordered a new outlet and inlet but I'm curious if cutting them into the liner without the reinforcement areas that are around the stock holes will cause me any difficulty. Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

I saw somewhere on here that someone placed a vinyl patch on both sides of the pool and then cut....or that's what they were going to do. That seems like a good idea if you are cutting somewhere other than the reinforced areas. I can't recall who posted that; hopefully, they'll see this and respond.

Cool thanks Scout. I was thinking of getting some patch material and just putting in on before the cuts. Alternatively I could figure out how to do it all via plumbing from my existing stuff, but I felt like that might actually be harder to accomplish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.