Currently SLAM'ing and eating bleach like mad

az_fam

Nov 11, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
So I am in the process of SLAM'ing our pool. IN 48 hours I have used about 15gallons of bleach. After 3-4 hours the pool chlorine (which is clear, blue, can easily see to the bottom, just was getting algae on the walls and vacuum) goes from 24 to 12-15. Is it normal to go through this much bleach, esp if the algae is not that bad (as in clear blue pool)? Is adding bleach 3-4 times a day not enough? Could it be the temp or constant running of the pump that is making it eat the chlorine this fast (105 degrees out these days)? Or is this just how it goes when SLAM'ing?

I wonder if it is even getting up to 24. I just checked it after 3 hours and it was down to 18.5, that is the lowest reduction I have had so far. Just added another jug of bleach per Pool Math and we will see what it is in the am...

Reactions: Oly
Next time, FWIW some Walmarts have pool chlorine that is 10% for around $3.65. Leslie's here in Houston has 12.5% for $4, a slightly better unit cost than Walmart, but if Walmart is closer to you...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.