CSI/LSI/Vinyl Liner

WFHoustonPool

Jun 4, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
I'm a new pool owner, and so far it has been great. We are watching the chemicals and having reasonable luck keeping things balanced (I think). I've read that since I have a vinyl liner pool I do not need to add CH (mine is down around 50). Since I have not dong anything with that my CSI/LSI numbers are generally pretty negative (close to -1). Do people with vinyl liner pools just ignore the LSI/CSI numbers and try to keep each of the other chemicals in their normal range?

I thought the Pool Math application might take into account that it is a vinyl liner pool and adjust the calculation, but it does not seem to do that.

Are their other benefits of bringing up your hardiness that may make it worthwhile in a vinyl liner pool?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You are correct in that for the most part, the CSI factor really doens't apply to your situation (vinyl). It would if you had any other plaster surfaces exposed to the water though. But if not, you can ignore it. You would however pay attention to your pH to ensure the water doesn't become corrosive to other parts of the pool or equipment. Hope that helps. Thanks for using the forum. :swim:

Thanks! So do people just generally ignore the large negative number, or is there a better negative number target, or just keep it negative? :)

Right now I just try to keep them in ranges I've gotten from here, the pool installer, and other sites (which typically agree), though total alkalinity there seems to be some variation in the correct range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.