Crystal Clear HELLO

ATONESIR

May 22, 2020
Philly Area
I used this site and calculator last year for a bit as a 1st time pool owner. I used a service to close and now open the pool and it was very good right out of the gate after initial shock and vacuum. The pH and alkalinity a bit high, so I will add some MA. I use liquid bleach without stabilizers and am wondering where people are getting bleach now that some stores limit how many you can buy for the time being.

I appreciate all the help here and think I have done all the right linking of tests and etc. to my account should I need any help (let me know if I need to change some other setting). I've already lost my new taylor test kit from last year, and am looking to get a k-2006 so I hope it does all the tests I need it to do for tracking here and in the app.

Anyway, I'll add more details to my pool setup and will be needing help in IDing my pool timer, which seems to chew up the OFF dogs, but will happily turn on. Think I need to replace it.

Hope everyone has a crystal clear pool season without hassles.

Hi! I’ve had luck finding Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid at Walmart (pool/garden section) and Lowe’s (pool/garden section). It’s chlorine bleach, no additives. I buy a good 6-8 jugs when I find it...

Hi! I’ve had luck finding Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid at Walmart (pool/garden section) and Lowe’s (pool/garden section). It’s chlorine bleach, no additives. I buy a good 6-8 jugs when I find it...
That is great. What is the price per gallon and what is the chlorine %? If it is the same as white label Lowe's bleach $3.69/gal, then that is the way I will go.

Good to hear you opened-up nice this year. The Walmart Pool Essentials is 10% and around $3.60 I think. Home Depot has their 10% for $9.99 per 3-pack.
That's great. Any idea about Lowe's? (much shorter drive)

EDIT: I see they have a white label brand that is also 10% for around $3.80/gal Those HD 3 packs for 9.99 look great so I will keep and eye out for those. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash