Creating Macros with Pentair Intelletouch

Hopefully you have your circuits set up and configured correctly, if so heres how to create a macro:

First create your custom name:

Menu>setup>advanced>circuit names>create custom names>Select Username#XX(which is an unused name>then scroll around to create your name "Pool Chilling"> save and return to the home screen.

Then create a new feature circuit:

Menu>setup>advanced>circuit names>assign circuit names>feature>none>(push UP or DOWN button and scroll to select "Pool Chilling")

Exit to Menu

From the home screen>Menu>setup>circuit macros>Pool Chilling>then select the items you want active (LED On=On, Blinking=Off, Off=Not used.

Hopefully you have your circuits set up and configured correctly, if so heres how to create a macro:
First create your custom name:
Menu>setup>advanced>circuit names>create custom names>Select Username#XX(which is an unused name>then scroll around to create your name "Pool Chilling"> save and return to the home screen.

Then create a new feature circuit:
Menu>setup>advanced>circuit names>assign circuit names>feature>none>(push UP or DOWN button and scroll to select "Pool Chilling")
Exit to Menu
From the home screen>Menu>setup>circuit macros>Pool Chilling>then select the items you want active (LED On=On, Blinking=Off, Off=Not used.
Nice (y)

Reactions: bdavis466
1st off... thank you so much for your help! I do not do this everyday nor can make much out of that "finely written" Pentair manual. If that was given to an astronaut, or a pilot, we can be assured they will not make it back to earth!!!
OK, so I can't the value of your information.
2ndly.. Sorry for the delayed response, I have had numerous things come up.

3rdly, If you are so kind to define a few terms for me, I would be also appreciative.
I am a little confused on the terms, circuits and feature circuits. Through many reading sessions with the famous manual, I believe that a circuit is a physical electrical device, like a pump, light, blower, etc. that connect to the relays in the panel for control. A circuit that is named SPA Light, and the actual SPA light power lines are connected to the relay say in AUX position 6, the "signal" if you will is called "SPA Light" and it controls that relay. OK I believe this is correct.
So what is a feature, or a feature circuit? Is that an actual kind-of macro? Like Cleaner (which when selected turns ON the Pump, the Booster, and a certain Pump speed...I have an Intelleflo pump), or Spillway (which turns ON the Pump and configures the valves to return all to flow to the SPA)?
After your 1st picture of the inside control panel, you indicate "Then create a new feature circuit", I guess then maybe a feature is a combination of 2 or more AUX circuits, and/or valve configurations that are assigned to a "feature", right?

I cannot imagine how confused their tech teaching seminars are with such quality and ambiguous writing///

Thanks

An Auxiliary circuit is one that triggers an actual relay and usually has a piece of equipment hardwired to it like a pump, light, blower, etc. An intelliflo is an exception to this since its controlled by a serial cable, not a relay.

A feature circuit does not use a relay but can control an actuator, pump speed or in your case, a macro circuit. A macro circuit can be a combination of feature circuits and Aux Circuits but gets set up initially as a feature circuit then later defined as a macro circuit that then has the ability for Aux circuits and feature circuits to be assigned to it.... confusing, I know.

Did you have any luck setting up a Macro?

Thanks so much AGAIN! No I have not set up a Macro yet, I wanted to be clear on the terminology which you have now defined above. I have reviewed your Macro setup guidelines, and like I imagined, it is just not as difficult....assuming the manual is understood, or there is someone like you to put it into understandable english.
I am sure I have a Macro already set up from the initial pool guy setup, and I also think I can, through menus, determine what actions are associated with a Macro and be able to make changes, adds or deletes as I want.
I will also have ScreenLogic, and set up soon.
I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.