Crazy Chlorine Puck Question / Stenner pump feeder / BBB

Aug 16, 2011
Ok I use the BBB method. Working great for years... I use 2 stenner pumps on timers feeding liquid chlorine and acid.

What would happen if I fill a big tub of chlorine pucks with water, and stick the feed hose in connected to my stenner pump?

Insane? Blow up? Death? Or the opposite? Would the CYA stay on the top?

Attachments

• IMG-1055.JPG
    IMG-1055.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 5
Yeah... no.

What you will get is a bucket of highly acidic chlorine solution. Don't go anywhere near it if you value your eyes or nose. The acidic water will quickly burn off the chlorine in to the air so you will be left with highly acidic liquid CYA. I can only imagine how your stenner hoses will react with that.

As for where the CYA will be: since it is all part of the trichlor molecule it will be exactly where the chlorine is until the chlorine dissipates in to the air.

I personally feel it is a bad idea. But what is the goal? Even if the CYA did stay on the top you would have no idea where the boundary line is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.