rednick

Apr 22, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all. First post, and unfortunately about the title. I inherited a Clearflo DE filter for the 16x32' inground pool that came with our house. The model number is unreadable, and it has been tough to find any information online about it (the pool was installed 30 years ago, so I assume the filter is close to that age).

I know I'm probably at the point where I should replace it anyway, but I'd rather not budget that expense right now if possible. Reading other posts, it seems like a drain plug crack means time to replace the unit. I've done some DIY indoor plumbing work, but I'm a total novice when it comes to pool plumbing. I managed to get it pretty snug with the clamp that was on it (apparently this isn't a new problem), so there's one drop every 5 seconds. Is that piece that's crack something that can be taken off and refitted if it's just a nut? Obviously, I don't want to mess around with it an make the damage worse.

And if anyone knows what type of filter I have, that's a bonus :)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpg
    IMG_3793.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the response!

I was actually able to find a Heldor parts supplier online if I decide to go that route. In the meantime, is there any danger running the filter? Pool was really green when opened, and I’ve had some air getting into the system (separately from suction side), so I don’t want to let the water sit too long.

Second, if I decide to replace, pool company that opened recommended the Hayward EC75 for my roughly 26k gallon pool. Anyone have experience with that model? Found it on poolsupplyworld.com for $220 less than In the Swim magazine. Is that a reputable site?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.