Coverstar Replace Slider assembly

poolnorthernva

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 14, 2015
Leesburg, Va
Has anyone else replaced a slider assembly for a coverstar automatic cover?

The first picture is the part I would need to purchase. The second shows how the material has torn and sags. The third shows more how it should look when I lift the front bar of the cover. Four shows where the cover would slide off.

I rate my skill at medium to low, I don't want to start something I can not finish. The more I look, the more I think I need to bite the bullet and get the cover people out.

I see three/four screws I will need to detach, the front left (rusted a bit) has a nut underneath. the top two screws I can not reach under to see if there is a nut. I assume I need to

1)remove screws,
2)slide existing cover back off the track(the most difficult part?),
3)attach new assembly,
4)remount onto track,
5)slide back to front bar.
6)Reattach.

The part:
42705675884_50b8cbb9dc_z.jpg

The torn assembly:
28552380137_95c95139ed_c.jpg

Torn assemble lined up:
42705569144_fb14ab1875_c.jpg

Where the cover would slide off.
41614767860_9f060ba0a9_c.jpg

general Pic showing cover closed
34714454676_a1d4f75fc3_c.jpg

Have you done a search here (search bar under the PoolSchool button up top) because a couple of folks have repaired their own pool covers and I recall some documenting the process. See if one matches your problem?

I see the pool is only three years old....how long is the warranty for Coverpools?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.