Coverstar pool cover, does not COVER

matmo

Jul 27, 2020
Northern IL
Hi all!

I enthusiastically opened my pool cover to drop some chlorine in after the thaw this week, but the pool cover will not close any more :confused:. What makes this worse is that the LCD screen stopped working last year. It is backlit but not legible, so I'm unable to see what if anything the switch is telling me.

I was able to open the pool cover using my code...but I cannot close it. Any suggestions? Is there a master code I can use to force close it?

many thanks!

I would contact coverstar before attempting to do anything -
Here’s all the warranty info if you’re unsure about being covered

I cannot seem to find the coverstar contact information, but I would like to give Coverstar a call to talk things through.

Somehow magically my pool closed, but I still want to replace the switch screen since the LCD is out. I did contact the builder and they told me since I did't open the pool with them last year, that I am out of their warranty. This is the reason I don't deal with them.

I'll look for some pool contractors when I'm closer to opening season.

Maybe shoot them a message on their Facebook - apparently it’s actually Latham.
I know that tends to get a little quicker action with alot of companies.

Reactions: matmo
You can also try this👇
Or contacting another dealer/service center 👇
I guess phone numbers are a thing of the past 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: matmo
For more information, contact your Coverstar dealer or call us at 800-617-7283.

787 Watervliet Shaker Road, Latham, New York 12110 • 800-833-3800 • lathampool.com 1231 Kamato Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 2M2 • 800-832-6664 • lathampool.ca 800-617-7283 | coverstar.com © Latham Pool Products, Inc. 2016. All rights reserved.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's Coversafe, not Coverstar.
When you’re on the coverstar warranty page
5566ACE4-5173-4913-B291-CEA2E046F59F.png

that’s where it sends you to register
Its very confusing because there’s also coverstar central?
Coverstar Central
The OP definitely needs to check the paperwork or with the installer for the equipment that he has to confirm who to contact.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.